Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tempura Japanese Grill: at SM City, Cebu




When your meal literally makes the ground shake, you know its memorable! There is obviously an abundance of food places throughout my city in the Philippines, specially inside the enormous shopping malls; so a quick bite to eat is as simple as pointing your finger and choosing a place. This particular evening, my cousin and I decided to catch up and have dinner at Tempura, a japanese grill restaurant inside SM City in the newly constructed NorthWing section.
I decided to order the seafood ramen soup and a thirst quenching watermelon shake. Moments after my order arrived, we noticed a bit of shaking, and at first my cousin thought it was me moving my legs, but as soon as she realized it wasn't me, the shaking got stronger and the light fixtures and table began to move- we knew it was an EARTHQUAKE!
Apparently, most people are accustomed to mini earthquakes in the Philippines, but I surely was not. For a few minutes amidst a crowd also rushing to get out the mall, we decided to leave and wait in the parking lot a few meters away. Interestingly, many people weren't even phased by the shaking and continued to have their meal, I for one refuse to be buried under a mall clutching a ramen soup so I left, but later came back after the shaking stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment