Friday, June 8, 2012

IchiUmi..Life is better with SUSHI










With two locations one in Menlo Park Mall, Edison, New Jersey and the other in 6 east 32nd St. New York City, IchiUmi is a sushi lover's heaven! But Sushi is not the only delight one can have, a plethora of seafood, beef, chicken, pork, and more all prepared in multiple ways can fulfill anyone's food cravings- did I mention it's an unlimited BUFFET.
I usually begin with one or two pieces of almost all the sushi and sashimi they have prepared, I favor the salmons and the octopus sushi. I will try anything at least once and that includes sea urchin sushi and other delicacies many people would abstain from, and trust me most of the unfamiliar foods turn out to be the tastiest and surprisingly most memorable.
After a round of sushi and sashimis, I like to follow up with a few more seafood choices- FRESH of course, like mussels prepared with spicys and dressings, as well as raw clams and oysters which I always dress in plenty of lemon and ground black pepper. Then, I always indulge in all things seafood, from crabs, mussels, grilled clams, giant shrimp, crawfish, salmon, and everything else consummable that comes from the sea- and yes that includes a seaweed salad which by the way is my favorite. Don't be fooled by the pictures, IchiUmi offers more selections than just seafood, but unfortunately I couldn't fit anymore; I wanted to save room for dessert!!!
From mango sorbet to tiramisu, IchiUmi offers an endless buffet of dessert choices, but nothing beats a freshly made crepe with numerous topping choices to satisfy any one's heart.
Though a bit pricey from an everyday buffet, the upscale nature of IchiUmi and the choices one can pick from makes the price well worth every penny!


No comments:

Post a Comment