Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Maurizios..Italian Ristorante (Neptune, NJ)




Another local eatery I have always enjoyed is Maurizio's Italian Restaurant and Pizzaria. Only a 2 minute ride from my house, it's one of those neighborhood eateries that you come to expect good food and still reasonable prices.
After a few years absence from experiencing its amazing menu, I decided to go back to Maurizio's for a nice late lunch, I had a craving for pizza and of course ended up with more than just pizza. I began with an order of mozzarella and tomato salad with an olive oil vinaigrette dressing; with a little sprinkle of salt and ground pepper, it was amazing.
For my main course I decided on the Mussels ala Diane Blanco, mussels cooked in flavored white wine and tossed with linguini pasta. With garnishes of fresh basil, to say the least it was heaven, and with the freshly baked bread, I scooped up even the remaining sauce!
Located in the Shoprite Plaza off of route 66 in Neptune, NJ Maurizio's Restaurant and Pizzaria is one place that will have you coming back for more.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment